A home drug test is a scientific piece of equipment that allows you to conduct an experiment at home that tells you whether the person from whom the sample is taken has been taking drugs or not. While home drug testing is becoming extremely popular among parents of teens, the drug testing kits are also being used in schools, offices and small businesses.
These home tests can be used to detect harmful drugs like THC (called marijuana, weed, pot or hash), opiates (heroin, morphine or codeine), cocaine (crack or snow), MDMA (ecstasy or X), Amphetamines (speed or uppers) and Benzodiazepines (Valium or Xanax).
A home drug test has various advantages over a test that is done in the laboratory. The top 6 advantages of testing drugs at home are listed below:
- Privacy - One of the major benefits of using home drug tests is privacy. You can perform the test on yourself, your kids, or workers without detection.
- Convenience - It provide an easy and convenience way to test for drugs in the system. You can carry out the drug test kits at home, on vacation, or anywhere else without detection, instead of going to the laboratory and waiting for results.
- Affordability - a drug testing kit such as the hair follicle drug tests affordable compared to some laboratory tests. In addition, since you will be performing the test at home, you can save on travel cost.
- Speedy, accurate results - With the best at home drug test kit, you don’t have to take any samples to the lab. Home drug kits make it possible for people to take drug tests within minutes, and within the comfort of their home. You just have to follow the instructions on how to take the test, take the test and get your answer within minutes.
- Discourages children from taking drugs – Teenage drug users may try to convince other teenagers that they should give drugs a try because their parents will never find out. Now teens and parents can counter this with an easy retort about the availability of a home drug test at home. This helps in providing children with a convenient way of getting out of a situation and parents an easy way to help their children.
- Ease of use - Home drug tests are easy to perform, the tests come with easy procedures that anyone can follow.
While drug testing at home has many positives, such kits should be used judiciously. False positives that can be caused by poppy seeds, mouthwashes and medicines can lead to false accusations and therefore knowing the right time of using a home drug test is critical. However, most home drug test kits are FDA Approved (check specific products to be sure) and with upwards of 95% accuracy are a great way to start a conversation about drug use.
Urine drug tests depend on a mature technology and they have an extensive scientific base. The results are accurate and reliable. The cost of urine drug testing kits are lower than other type drug test kits (Cup based drug test kits cost more than cassette and dip drug test kits). Results are almost instant and there is no need for a lab or technician to conduct the drug tests. These drug tests kits are easy to store and have long shelf life. They detect up to 12 different drugs depending on your choice of test kit.